Our team at Triad Cleaning Crew offers a wide variety of high-quality cleaning services to meet an equally wide variety of needs. One of the many services that we offer is floor stripping & waxing. In this article, we’ll go over some key things you need to know about this process in order to decide if it’s right for you.
- The first step in the floor stripping & waxing process is applying the stripper, which is a strong chemical agent designed to break down dirt and grime to make it easier to remove. This cleaner is applied using a mop and bucket, no different than a standard floor wash.
- Next, the stripper is left to sit on the floors for 10 to 15 minutes as it goes to work on the dirt. This step is sometimes referred to as letting it (the cleaner) dwell.
- After the stripper has had time to loosen the dirt particles, our team will use a Roto cleaning machine to scrub the floors, then clean the edges by hand to get any hard-to-reach spots.
- Following this comes a process of wet vacuuming the water and cleaning fluid away, neutralizing the floor with another chemical solution, wet vacuuming again, then mopping and wet vacuuming a third and final time.
- After the wet vacuuming process, the next step is to dry the floor using high-powered fans. Once dry, we use a dust mop to perform one final cleaning.
- The final step in floor stripping & waxing is to apply a new layer of wax finish to protect the floor.